4.21.2006

I don't know why I do this

I am really crappy at doing this stuff... I had a Livejournal at one point. You can still check me out as glorybound on Livejournal. Its an interesting read....

I started this because honestly I have been thinking alot. I don't know what it is but I have been much more observant of my surroundings than I have been in the past. I ahve been seing things that I never used to see. Interactions, metaphors, things that bother me, other things that make me laugh, and the things that just plan and simple don't make sense.

Mixed Feelings

Tnoight was my last night as the coodinator of Thursday Nights at Clemson FCA. It has been a tough year. Lauren (Girlfriend) asked me today what have I learned... IT has een a year of leadership for me. I have learned how to better manage my time. I have also learned that some battles are not meant to faught because they cannot be won. These things include worship styles, music preference, how many people come, how many people are leaving. The list can go on forever.

Until tonight I was relieved to see it pass. I was actually estatic this morning with I woke up. My parents came up for the first time to see what I was doing on these long nights in Tilman. I left 919 early to enjoy Mexican with them. The first song Alex and the band played was My Glorious. I don't know what happened, but looking into the crowd of people I was floored by their intimate connection. They were praising and singing. It started in my hands... I couldn't control it... I started experience the music... I looked around and saw the students. Sinners and saints... living... breathing... life... My heart bowed in worship. It laid prostrate. An interesting posture of worship: A lifted hand and bowed heart. I heard it... I heard a cry of revolution. I heard a cry of freedom... It wasn't from the entire place, but it was the resound of a few hundred desperate people...

Glory, Glory, Send Your Glory...
Glory, Glory, Send Your Glory...
Glory, Glory, Send Your Glory...

A tear almost came to my eye...
I want to see the Glory...

2 comments:

A.J. said...

I love you Trey Boden. I am proud to call you brother and blessed to call you friend.

Mark "Sleeve" Smyers said...

Hey buddy.....I like it. My mom has told me ever since I was a young lad to "Choose your battles son." And it makes so much sence. There are some fights that you need not fight, but there are some you have stand up for and battle until you have no more fight in you.

Thank you for being a servant this past year. It is obvious that God has used you to be a man of influence in this ministry. So, I thank you for being open and willing to move for God.