5.02.2006

Redefine :: An Adventure Through Language



I was hanging out with Lauren tonight enoying the company of some friends for 24. Afterwards we hung out with her sister AJ and talked church/seminary for a while. When Aj left Lauren and I got into an interesting dicussion about our words. I am not sure how we got on to the topic but we started to tlak about it and we found ourselves deep in the pit of language. Why do we use the words that we do. Could Satan infect our language?

I have been compiling a list of sins that I believe that we do not pay as much attention to in our lives because they are not the four most discussed ones: Alcohol Abuse, Lust, Homosexuality, Drugs. Sins like idolatry, greed, and selfishness (to name a few) are often overlooked and not widly talked about. Our failure to acknowledge the truth of the language God has given us might be another one that we have stumbled upon...

This brings me to a first that I know of... A series of meditations on our daily language. Over the next few days or weeks I am going to be personally debunking the abstract nouns found in Galations 5:22-23 and 1 Corinthians 13:13. I am not saying anything I write is correct. These are my personal thoughts. A spontaneous commentary with the hope of interaction with anyone who dares to venture with me.

Join with me... Redefine

No comments: