8.24.2006

A Musing On Learning To Read

Mrs. Cox - She was an odd pear shaped woman
With a voice of a lion who could also sound like a mouse at will.

I remember my pillow fort
It guarded the land of imagination within
I didn't care about my studdering phonetics.
The curious monkey who accomanied me didn't either

I read a lot in grammar school
When the scholastic fair would come to town I remember getting lost in its booths

Each one had their own colors
The Hardy Boys had mystery
While the box car children had adventure

Space and science too my breath
Reading never was better when it came to pictures

Words became useless, My parents especially
Books were no more than babble; boring, dry, ink

Harry came late and conjured a new love for creativity
Often I found myself lost in a world of paragraphs
At a loss for words

Pacesetter set the... stride to writing in college
However it did not pace my time

I was unready for college
I wished I was still a jugler back in the scholatic fair
Tossing around Space, Adventure, and Mystery

No comments: