7.05.2006

Developing Community

I have been thinking about next semester. Most of my thoughts have come to me in the car. Driving Meditation. Both Moving and Agressive. The way I want to respond to people in general has been heavy on my mind. Sometime I just feel awkward around people I don't know. Its really strange because normally when I know you I am a pretty outgoing person, but when it comes to a group of people I don't know I clam up. Its really weird and I haven't always been that way.

It could be my interests. I figured out that my favorite topics of conversation has to do with relventing (verb to make something relevent; not sure if its real) church to modern culture. If its not that, its probably apple computers with a dual layer and a gigabit here and there. Actually my typical conversation is not a typical one. Its probably pretty dull to the normal peeps. I don't play sports and trust me its for my own safety. Basically I am a wannabe pastor-computer geek that is tired of talking about iEVERYTHING and a man who is struggling to find a way to feel more like the world with out being a part of it.

So that is one of my goals next semester. I talk a lot about making church relevant, but I need to be more relevent. I need to learn about pop-culture. I need to keep up with sports scores and big games. I need to make my conversation purposefull.

If any of you who read this are prayer warriors please do me a favor. Pray for University Ridge in Clemson. Its a place that has been on my heart. I want to see Christians begin to live in a community with lost people where they connect with each other.

No comments: