7.17.2006

The Great Romance

I have been reading a book called Red by Ted Dekker. It is the second book in the Circle series. The first one is really hard to get into, but if you hang in there for the first hundred pages you will be hooked.

The Great Romance is a crucial part in the books. I have learned much from Thomas Hunter's encounters with it. It is the story and truth that binds us together.

Sacrifice... is the key to love. I was driving home from a camp a few weeks ago and had this experience with God. I was driving past Roswell High School. My music was blarring. Then suddenly it was like God opened up a direct channel to my heart. I heard in the deepest of my being this: "Its a game. Its about sacrificing yourself more and more until you have nothing left." I realized in that moment that when I truely love someone is when I am giving them all of me. This works in a relationship because when I pour out all of my self and my significant other pours out all of themselves we fill each other up. Its another example of two becoming one.

I want to play in the Great Romance. The ancient game that is played by Elohim; the God who poured out himself to in order to bring more Glory to himself. Its a circle. God, Spirit, Jesus = Glory. Man, Woman = Love. God, Mankind = Glorious Love. A recipricating love. Come play in the story of God and his divine cooperation, between God and Man, and His glory. It comes full circle.

No comments: