2.14.2007

6:30AM :: A Prayer For Atlanta :: Part 2

Atlanta has been on my heart. This is the beginning of week long series that will contain a prayer/scripture/comments for the city of Atlanta. I plan to wake up at 6:30AM for one full week and pray for the city. Please feel free to post your prayers in addition to mine. Maybe Atlanta isn't the city on your heart. Pray for your city... the one God has you hurting for. 1 Sentence... 2 paragraphs... Just pray...

Hope

Jesus, my hope and salvation, the giver of peace...

Toward Atlanta I directly pray. Bring me to my knees for this city. I want it to be shining for you. Who's name is greater or more powerful than yours? Draw me into your presence so that I can pray for Atlanta more and more directly. This morning I pray specifically for those whom have lost hope or have never even seen it. I pray for the homeless on the street. Bring them people, disciples, to meet their needs of substance and safety. I pray for the Hispanic single mothers. Bring them a peace and rest about finances. Send them someone who can point them to you, the giver of all things. I pray for the politicians. I pray that you trump their self motivating interests. Jesus, that you plan would use those who follow the Way and those who do not. Your ability to be sovereign is one of my favorite traits about you. I can trust in the fact that you know how to bend the nations to do your will, despite if they know you or not. Come near to me Christ. Teach me to be a Christian, a lover of the gospel. Teach me to be a missional follower. Someone who has a purpose. May Atlanta be claimed in the Cross. May your people move toward reclamation and restoration in Atlanta. May your hope be our message and our song. Point our eyes toward the city.

No comments: