2.16.2007

6:30AM :: Prayer for Atlanta :: Part 4

Atlanta has been on my heart. This is the beginning of week long series that will contain a prayer/scripture/comments for the city of Atlanta. I plan to wake up at 6:30AM for one full week and pray for the city. Please feel free to post your prayers in addition to mine. Maybe Atlanta isn't the city on your heart. Pray for your city... the one God has you hurting for. 1 Sentence... 2 paragraphs... Just pray...

Romans 8:39 - Neither height nor death, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Jesus Christ our Lord

What are the depths of your love? How high can it reach? Will it pull me from the depths of death? Jesus I pray that your word becomes a reality for me. Nothing can separate anyone from the love that you bring. I pray for those in Atlanta that do not know that they are caught in this kind of love. I pray for their eyes to see the love that you have for them. I pray that they find themselves in the presence of a stranger who is loving them as the gospel calls us to love. Jesus, I pray for your patience as I sit and pray in Clemson, SC. My heart needs to rest in the love that you have for me here. Soon enough you will place me where I need to be. I pray like Isaiah told you, send me... I want to go to Atlanta... Send me... Raise people up with me to go and serve those people to death. I pray for your patience and a peace of mind that allows me to sit in the arm of my savior. I love you Jesus. You are my hope, my strength, and my redeemer. Reclaim your city. Allow me to be a part of doing that. You are sovereign and I will go where you lead me. I pray these things in the Holy and Powerful name of Jesus, who is the giver and receiver of all glory and honor, Amen.

No comments: