2.21.2007

Yet Another Rabbit Trail

Mike Soltys... my long lost Aboriginal friend... wrote the following as a comment from yesterday:

a) I miss heatherwood

b) I know God is good because why else would he create watermellon?
Now, Mr. Soltys is in the Outback right now. Doing some amazing things. You can check out his blog here. And I would have to agree, God's goodness is most definitely found in the creation of the watermelon. This fantastic fruit is the staple of summer. It is most surely the messiest fruit to eat. It makes me feel like a kid. I would put it on my top ten fruit list.
  1. Pineapple
  2. Strawberries
  3. Watermelon
  4. Peaches
  5. Cantaloupe
  6. Apples
  7. Grapes
  8. Plums
  9. Oranges
  10. Tangerines
Mike I applaud your findings. I do believe that the watermelon in fact is one of the most perfect examples of God's goodness. Within it we find color and imagination. I mean pink and green don't even come close to matching. Thanks Mike for sharing such profound theological rhetoric with us at tboden's blog. We raise our glasses to you: May your journey be safe, and your experience be abounding. Sincerely, much love to all...

PS... I have still yet to receive a schematic on my Treo...

4 comments:

Elleth said...

I miss mike.

and i cant believe cantaloupe is number five. it beats out tangerines?!

Ed said...

I don't agree with his whole list, but he's got cantaloupe properly above tangerines and oranges ...

1. Peaches
2. Strawberries
3. Pineapples
4. Grapes
5. Apples
6. Blueberries
7. Blackberries
8. Watermelon
9. Cantaloupe
10. Oranges/Tangerines/Nectarines

Mike said...

Not to be picky, but kiwi's are awsome too because you eat the whole thing, including the skin and tiny seeds!

Elleth said...

you guys are missing GRAPEFRUIT

how can you not like it... FRUIT is in the name?!