2.19.2007

6:30AM :: Prayer for Atlanta :: Part 5

Atlanta has been on my heart. This is the beginning of week long series that will contain a prayer/scripture/comments for the city of Atlanta. I plan to wake up at 6:30AM for one full week and pray for the city. Please feel free to post your prayers in addition to mine. Maybe Atlanta isn't the city on your heart. Pray for your city... the one God has you hurting for. 1 Sentence... 2 paragraphs... Just pray...

Psalm

Come, let us sing for joy
Let us shout aloud to our King
Come, let us worship God
Lifting holy hands, bless His name

Lord, we come to meet with You again
To worship with one voice in adoration
You deserve our every praise
That echoes in this place
You’re the worthy One

Lord, we come with gratitude that flows
From deep within our souls
We rejoice in You
We will glory in Your name
With a shout our lips proclaim
The praises stirring in our hearts

Every creature in Heaven and Earth below
Bless His name, bless His name

- Bless His Name, Vineyard Music

Jesus, I want to be a psalmist. I want to dance in your presence. I want to sing new songs to you. I am not sure how that is supposed to work, but I want to be a part of your glory through song and praise. I am reminded this morning that you are the giver of all things. You brought me from yesterday to today. You woke my body from sleep. In a weird way you told me to rise this morning. I am overcome by your beauty in the sunrise. I pray this morning that Atlanta nurtures psalmists. I specifically pray for the arts crowd of Little Five Points. Bring Christians to this area. Let them be integrated into the local scene. Let your art flow from their hands. Draw people into your presence through art, poetry, and music. Let people know of that side of you. Let people know that worship music isn't the only art form that we can express praise and worship. Jesus, teach me how to become a worshiper that follows yoru posture. Teach me to lift my hands to the sky in praise. Bend me to my knees in humble worship. Prostrate me on the ground. I thank you and praise you for the great works you are already doing in Atlanta. These things I pray in your expected Glory, Amen.

No comments: